For the past nine years, volunteers have been working on the Tanglewood Park Boardwalk project. Located in south Anchorage, Alaska this 1,400-foot boardwalk sits on a 41-acre wetlands park adjacent to Bowman Elementary School and the surrounding residential neighborhood.
The boardwalk provides a year-round walking path through various bog habitats for viewing plants and animals in the restored and natural areas of this park. Its use as an outdoor classroom is facilitated by construction of larger platforms along the route so teachers can gather groups of students for observations and discussion.
The final phase of the project was completed when students from the Student Conservation Association installed the interpretive signs for their Day of Caring in May. The eight Fiberglass Embedded Panels display information about the various animals and plants along the boardwalk as well as original student artwork from different students at Bowman Elementary.
“The finished signs are beautiful! As grant coordinator for this community volunteer boardwalk project, I wholeheartedly appreciate the professionalism and courtesy Pannier’s people have shown us throughout this entire endeavor,” said Linda Hulen, Bowman Elementary.
For more information on Pannier products contact a Business Development Representative today!
Recent News Stories
As the winningest female coach in college basketball history, the late Pat Summitt has had many tributes pay homage to her remarkable career. But perhaps none are more touching than the tribute now located in her hometown of Clarksville, Tennessee. The Pat Head Summitt Legacy Plaza at Freedom Point was dedicated to the basketball great […]
Home to beautiful landscapes and stunning architecture, Oatlands Historic House & Gardens in Leesburg, Virginia was once a thriving plantation. Inherited by a descendant of one of Virginia’s first families in 1798, Oatlands is now one of the most prominent landmarks in the country and a site of the National Trust for Historic Preservation. As […]
When the Beaver Area Heritage Foundation set out to transform the 1897 Pittsburgh and Lake Erie Railroad passenger station, they hoped to include an educational display of Beaver County. The idea, which was conceived in 2012, has been realized in the form of 22 Fiberglass Embedded (FE) panels and upright exhibit bases manufactured by Pannier.